Monday, February 23, 2009

My Favorites 'Ms'

Earlier this week Ang posted a "few of my favorite things" and it seemed like a great idea! So, in telling her I wanted to play along, she used a randomizer to assign me the letter M.

Whew! That could have turned out bad...I don't know anything that starts with the letter X. I would have had to make it a backwards game - your favorites that end in this letter. My list would have been one word long. Oh!

So here are my 10 favorite 'M' things, in no particular order. Most of which, I'm sure will not surprise you.

1. Microbreweries: Lucky for me, Cleveland has some of the best. Between Willoughby, Great Lakes, and the Rocky River Brewing Company I'm in heaven. Can't beat a fresh Dortmunder on tap.


2. Manhattan: No surprise there, eh?

(Yay for one of my favorite pics shot from Brooklyn!)


3. Morning: As much as it completely sucks sometimes, I love getting up early and taking advantage of the day. And nothing is better than a relaxing cup of morning coffee, brisk morning run, or watching the sun rise over the lake.

(Let's just pretend this is what Lake Erie looks like, okay? Thanks.)


4. M&Ms: Peanut are my favorite, and for some reason I prefer the green ones, but I'll take just about any candy coated chocolate. Yummy!

(I ate all the green ones already...)

5. Massages: In college I was religious about getting the monthly massage - I've been slacking lately. Though I do use my charm to get them from the SO from time to time! And honestly, I like giving them just as much as I like getting them.



6. Mini Dachshunds: Again, this should not come as a shock. And though I truly believe Otis is the cutest pup on the face of the planet, this one takes a close second. Her face is just so adorable!

7. Mary Janes: Who doesn't like a comfortable shoe, right? The heal still helps elongate and accentuate the legs, while the rounded toe gives your toes some extra breathing room. I'm wearing my favorite black pair right now.



8. Margaritas: On the rocks. With salt. Poolside, if you don't mind.



9. Michigan State University: I love everything about this place. The ever expanding campus, the sports teams, the school pride, everything.

(Good ole Beaumont Tower)

10. Michael Symon: Again, this goes back to my obsession with The Food Network. He's not only a phenomenal chef, but his restaurants here in town are very cool, and he's not all that bad on the eyes, either. Besides, who doesn't love a man who can cook?


So there you have it, my top 10 favorite 'Ms.' I'm sure there are more where that came from, but you get the idea.

If you're interested in playing along, let me know in the comments and I'll send you your own letter.

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Matt said...

um, you forgot "Matt".

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i'm going to say i enjoy all of your M's choices specifically the margaritas! ole!

Susan said...

I love your M's and I still can't get enough of that Brooklyn photo - it is amazing.

Miss Merry said...

great list! i love all of those things! except michigan state. not that i don't love michigan state, i've just never been....but i'm sure it's great!

Ashley said...

matt - you're just too good to be included on this list...

alexa - mmm, yeah.

susan - thanks! let me know if you want a print...

miss merry - you'd love it!

Allison M. said...

Agree but I'm going to switch out margarita's for martinis with a little dirt and blue cheese stuffed olives.