Monday, February 9, 2009

Celebrity Spouse

While in NYC this past week, a few colleagues and I ventured out to the bar to celebrate our arrival to the city.

As drinks were flowing, conversation turned to a rather interesting topic: celebrities.

More specifically, the question of the evening was, if you could choose, who would be your celebrity spouse?

We heard everything from Eva Mendez to Common to Lucy Liu. None of which should be a total shock to any of you.

I felt put on the spot for this question - I guess there's never really been a celebrity that just makes me all warm and fuzzy.

So I said this guy:


For those who are not familiar, Derek Luke played Antwone in the movie Antwone Fisher. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it.

This also was the moment where I revealed, in my oh-so-tactful fashion, that I'm into black guys.

Yes, that's exactly how I said it too. "I'm into black guys." As if it was this fact that's as ordinary as my having green eyes. Yipe! Smooth, Ashley. Just what your co-workers wanted to know.

Oh well, cat's out of the bag now.

So I proceeded to mention that my favorite part of the Superbowl was the post-game interview with Santonio Holmes.

(Ugh, he makes me melt.)

And yes, I'm aware that he's a former Buckeye, but his smile totally makes up for that.

I was so engrossed that I completely missed the conversation that the SO was trying to have with me at the time. Zoning out during football - talk about role reversal.

Anyhow, after thinking more about this question, I'm pretty sure I'd change my answer. If I could hand-pick my celebrity spouse, it'd definitely have to be Rob Lowe.

YUMMMMMM.....

Absolutely beautiful.

So tell me dear readers, who is your celebrity spouse?

Cheers!

-A

13 comments:

Matt said...

Easy.

Eva Longoria.

So@24 said...

Katherine Heigl.

Um. Yes please?

Ashley said...

matt - again, not surprised.

so@24 - well, if I'd know you were attracted to blondes...

Anonymous said...

Ooo! John Francis Daley! (freaks & geeks, anyone?) I have a thing for the awesomely hilarious types. I saw him in Kauai while I was on vacation and was totally starstuck. *melt*

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i saw derek luke when i was in toronto for the film festival! woo!

Maxie said...

hmmmm.. barack obama. Ha!

Jamie said...

Rachel McAdams!

Ashley said...

cassette45 - gotta love a good hot celebrity run-in.

alexa - I can't even describe my jealousy...sigh.

maxie - definitely the best looking pres. so far.

jamie - I'd marry Rachel McAdams too!

Rachel said...

I totally shrieked when I saw that you had a picture of a Steeler. Good shriek. I was excited.

And, absolutely, Johnny Depp.

Ashley said...

rachel - I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I definitely have respect for the program.

JulieGong said...

Everyone in Pittsburgh prides themselves on the fact that not only did we win the Super Bowl but that Santonio Homles has a massive dong.

I'm glad I'm making a great first impression here.

Ashley said...

julie - fantastic first impression! hilarious!

Susan said...

Matt Damon