Monday, February 16, 2009

Recent Regret


Typically, I'm not one for dwelling on events of the past and how things could have been different. Life's too short for all that regret stuff.

But on occasion, I take a step back and look at my behavior and begin to regret my actions - and, believe it or not, my words.

This past week was extremely stressful at the office. I worked more 'overtime' hours than I have in a long time. Now, as y'all are probably acutely aware, I love my job. And I tend to praise myself for my career path even more when there's so much work to be done that I lose all track of time through my packed schedule.

However, this week, when my crazy schedule matched the SO's, I'd had enough. And as you probably guessed, I took it out on him in mega-bitch fashion.

Girlfriend FAIL.

Oh, but it gets better.

In my typical cynical fashion, I wrote this post, which, in turn, put the SO off to doing the things he had planned for this weekend.

NOT my intention. And I feel terrible about it.

The last thing I wanted was to inhibit him from doing anything he actually wanted to do.

But of course, once again, I acted without actually thinking about the implications. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

So although I've already apologized for these things profusely in person, it seems only right to dedicate a post to the words and actions from the past week I whole-heartedly regret. What can I say, I feel terrible about this inexcusable behavior.

And now, I'm sitting here thinking that I really should have taken the opportunity to observe this President's Day holiday with a little extra QT - and sleeping in, of course.

Oh well.

I suck!

-A

p.s. I don't want to forget about the positive side of the situation. This weekend was fabulous! Had a productive Saturday where I got caught up on my chores and attended two yoga classes, my parents came into town for a quick visit, and most importantly, I got to spend some much needed, uninterrupted time with the SO. I'm one f-ing lucky girl!

3 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

don't get so down on yourself - i could write a novel on things getting turned around and ending up not being my intentions at all.

you're human, it's ok.

Matt said...

eh, just keep swimming!

Ashley said...

alexa - yeah, but given my stubborn nature, if I think I need to apologize, it definitely must be true.

matt - keeping head above water somehow...