Thursday, February 5, 2009

Manhattan is mine!


Okay, so not really, but for the next couple days I'm going to pretend as such.

Today is being spent in the NYC office of my company - and it's exciting. With all the time I spent here last year, I didn't even step foot into the office.

It's quieter than I imagined.

Regardless, I'm excited to be here. It's a beautiful sunny day outside, cold, but still beautiful. The lack of sunshine back home makes me appreciate every bit of it.

Flying in, my side of the plane had the best view of the skyline and it made me melt. I never imagined myself much of a big city girl, but honestly, it just feels so right.

Though I have to say, if I ever had to drive anywhere here I'd be screwed. For someone who prides herself on being a good driver, I'm terrified of this place. What can I say, cab drivers scare the bajeezus out of me.

Long cab rides are another downfall of the city. Granted, natives most likely travel by foot or subway most days, but having to ride from LaGuardia into Midtown in rush our makes anyone with a weak stomach a little on edge. I want to vomit just thinking about it.

But enough with the negativity....

It's time to enjoy my stay here and get something accomplished. Let's just hope I can find time to make a quick stop at Chelsea Market for one of those amazing milk shakes.

Cheers!

-A

3 comments:

Allison M. said...

very exciting for you. I'll be headed to Tallahassee this weekend for work. sunny and 70 degrees!

Jamie said...

You can get from LGA to Midtown in about an hour if traffic is bad. Take the M60 bus from the terminal to the Astoria subway stop (it's elevated), then hop on there for a ride in... That should be around $2 total, and it's awesome.

-Subway Super Fan

Ashley said...

allison - oh what I would give to experience 70 degrees right now...

jamie - thanks for the heads up. for some reason I'm not surprised you know that.