Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Love of My Life

Okay, so I know what y'all are thinking - first Valentine's Day and now love...WTF? But it's not like that, I promise.

Sure, there'll be some sap involved, but on a whole different level. Keep reading, I promise you won't be disappointed.


.................................

So I've mentioned in the past that I'm not much of a cat person, and since that time I've managed to remove demon cat and her sister from my life completely.

No I didn't off them, my roommate just moved! C'mon people, what kind of person do you think I am?

And you've heard me say numerous times that I'm planning to get a puppy. Well my friends, that time has come. And I'd like to introduce you to my mini dachshund Otis.

(See, I told you it'd be worth your time to keep reading!)

He's an 8 week old smooth coat doxie with what I'm told is the sweetest temperament. And he's already the love of my life.

He'll get to be somewhere from 8-10 pounds, full grown. I don't get to bring him home officially until April, but you best believe I'll be visiting in the meantime.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was more excited about anything.

I'm destined to be one of those dog owners who puts her pup first. Hell, I've already decided that he'll be sleeping in my bed - now that's love.

And I'm certain you'll be hearing lots more about him on this blog, too!

Cheers!

-A

*Thanks to Maryann at Mom's Dachshunds for the picture and my wonderful little man.

8 comments:

ANG* said...

he is soooooooooo cute! and i am insanely jealous. hopefully i'll be able to write a similar post come late summer. eeeeeeek i'm so excited for you! cant wait for all the puppy pics and stories :)

B said...

Oh. My. GAwd. I think I just burst from the cuteness.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

what a ridiculously cute animal! congrats on becoming a mom.

So@24 said...

I need to get a puppy. Chicks love puppies.

Ashley said...

ang - i'll definitely be writing more once I visit him next weekend. he already makes my heart melt.

deutlich - i know, right!

alexa - thanks, it's exciting.

so@24 - yes, we do love puppies! And a guy with a dog is very attractive.

Susan said...

That is the cutest photo I have ever seen. You are so lucky!

Ashley said...

susan - I know! He's freaking adorable. Bringing him home might be the best day of my life.

Christian Holm said...

How is it that the hunting dog designed to go after something so viscious as a badger could be so cute?