Friday, April 24, 2009

Detox Delight

Alliteration!

...now I'm just doing it to be annoying.

And apparently super cheesy in the process. Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed this time.


Anywho, for those who follow me on Twitter (@ashleymead for those who don't) you may recall past tweets about my 3-day fruit detoxes.

Note: I just spent the last 10 minutes searching for these tweets so I could show you...to no avail.

Twitter search just doesn't want me to find these gosh darn things.

Twit FAIL.

Regardless, I have done these detoxes twice this year already. The first was to get my body back on track after the holidays and the second was to drop some extra poundage before my vacation. Successfully I might add. In three days I averaged 5-6 pounds. Not too shabby.

Well, given that willpower is not my strong suit (read: I have none), I'm back at this detox thing again.

Only this time, it's for one day, juice only, as a sort of reset.

I've found that one day of this detox is all that's really needed to stop cravings in their tracks.

Granted, it's one day of pure withdrawal HELL, but what's 24 hours, really?

I've found these Naked juices to be the best. They are a little expensive but tasty and natural - and honestly less expensive and time consuming than juicing your own fruit. I'm a fan of the Red Machine, Pomegranate Acai, and Watermelon Chill flavors.

So I'm hoping that by tomorrow I'm craving salads and wheat germ. Okay, so it's not that good, but if your body needs a reset, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

Just be prepared for the ensuing caffeine withdrawal headache.

So tell me dear readers, what's your technique for a health reset?

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Susan said...

I didn't catch your tweets. I've been looking into detoxing, can you tell me what you do for this?

Anonymous said...

I eat pretty healthy myself. But what gets me back on a healthy kick? Eat something really fatty, then pledge to not eat that again. It will get you back on a health kcik for sho

Narm said...

This really works? Any tips on what fruit or how you did meals (3 meals like normal or snack all day)?

Ashley said...

susan - if you're doing it for weight loss I recommend fruit only for 3 days. I also mix in some of that Naked juice too. But actually eating helps keep your metabolism up and keeps you from completely crashing. I can e-mail you details if you want.

anna - that would end up as a downward spiral for me...

narm - it does for me. And after three days I always feel so much better physically. I ate as much fruit as I wanted - but you'll find when you can only have fruit that you really don't want to eat much for than 5 times a day. Oh, and I avoided bananas but everything else was fair game.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

my sister just did a fruit detox, did you like it?

Ashley said...

alexa - yes, I do like it. once you get past the cravings on the first day it's not so bad. and you definitely don't feel as weak as when you're only drinking juice. highly recommended.