Monday, April 20, 2009

Bloggie Burnout?

Okay, so on my way in to work this morning I couldn't come up with one damn thing to write about.

Normally, I spend this five minutes - yes, I have a five minute commute, it's okay to hate on me, I would, if I were you - thinking up all the great topics I could blog about, picking the most entertaining and/or what I feel the strongest about that day.

Yeah, now it's making sense right...I only have five minutes to come up with entertaining material, so this is what you get.

Anywho, I got nothin'.

(The sad part is, this is true 100 percent of the time...not just now.)

So I thought to myself, what a great opportunity to discuss this little burnout issue that seems to be going around.

Then of course, I realized that I'm kinda burnt out on this topic.

Okay, so really I'm just jealous that people beat me to it. We've even got bloggers blogging about other bloggers who are blogging about it.

Huh?

Dolce posted a funny blogger boredom list, an RS27 original. Thanks, guys, for helping me keep things at least mildly entertaining around here.

My bitterness, though, is centered around the fact that until today I was feeling pretty good about where this was all going. Topics were flowing in, lurkers were recently revealed, and things were starting to look up.

Then this morning, it all came crashing down into the hot, steaming pile of dragon poo that is my creativity. Yes, dragon poo. What of it?

So now what?

In a recent Tweet chain between Narm, Ben, Maxie, Lauren, myself, and a whole host of other bored 20-somethings, a thought was tossed around that we should start our own group blog of burnouts - or a reality TV show, but my vote is for the former, unless of course I can become a professional reality television blogger.

That has to pay well, right? Hmmm....

Anyone else feeling the pains of blogger burnout? Any cures out there?

This blogger is in desperate need of some inspiration.

Cheers!

-A

p.s. - all bloggers listed above are way more entertaining than me. Highly recommend checking them out if you haven't already.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

The blogger burnout is contagious! I honestly think we're all going through it right now.

Reality TV shows here we come!!

Susan said...

I know exactly what you mean! I think it will pass, I hope.

CC said...

Bloggie Burnout definitely happens! Clearly, cause I disappeared for 2 months or so.
No awesome cure, I think it'll pass...in a way, it's like writer's block. Cause for a while I had nothing of any use to write about but slowly it's coming back....

Narm said...

Saying I am more entertaining is false advertising and I won't stand for it.

Bloggy Reality show would be amazing. Why are we not pitching this to MTV? We have WAY more to say than those asshats on the Real World.

I'm out if we have to do a dance like on RW / RR challenge, though.

WV - WANG BJ heh. heh.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i'm in the middle of a serious bloggie burnout.

Ashley said...

lauren - entertaining for us AND the rest of the world.

susan - I hope so, too.

cc - let's just hope we all don't disappear for quite that long.

narm - my apologies, you suck!

alexa - we need help, and fast.

Matt said...

I agree with Narm. You guys should do a blog reality show!!!