Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Recognition

Recognition for a job well done is overlooked far too often in this world. Everyone likes to hear that they have done a good job. But more than that, people like to know that the things they do, whether for work or pleasure, have a positive impact on others. I have been fortunate enough to receive regular praise for my efforts at the office - and now, I'm receiving them for doing one of the things I enjoy most, writing to my readers.

I am honored to have been presented the Arte y pico Award from CC at Fork in the Road. She is one of my favorite bloggers and it means so much to receive this recognition.
The award originated at Arte y pico. Thank you, CC, for this honor. I will continue to tradition by passing the award along to some of my favorite bloggers - here are the rules:

1) Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of the language.

2) Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog by so everyone can view it.

3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.

4) The award-winner and the presenter should post the link of the “Arte y pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) Please post these rules.

As difficult a decision as this was to make, I chose the following 5 bloggers as some of the most talented and enjoyable.

Alexa at Cleveland's a Plum
Deutlich at Speak On It
Narm at White-Collar Redneck
Playful Professional at Play More, Laugh More, Live More
So@24 at Starting Over at 24

Thanks to all for keeping me thoroughly entertained with your amazing blogging skills. And thanks, CC, for giving me the chance to recognize a few my fellow bloggers.

Cheers!

-A

8 comments:

Narm said...

I'm honored! I'll be sure to use this award for good and not evil. You are definitely one of my first stops each morning - thanks!

So@24 said...

I'm flattered! Thanks for thinking of me!

CC said...

Well of course! I love your blog and I love all of the positive encouragement that you leave me in my comments section so I wanted to share the love! :)

Ben said...

I'm a fan of ALL of your award choices. They're really great bloggers. For real.

Ashley said...

narm - I'm touched. Even teared up a little there. Thanks!

so@24 - much deserved.

cc - the things you talk about hit so close to home. Us temporary Dallas girls have to stick together.

ben - yeah, they are amazing. this was such a difficult decision. I read so many good blogs.

Britni said...

Thanks so much. I'm glad that you enjoy my blog. I'll try and keep it entertaining. Thanks for the award!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

thank you my friend thank you!!!

: )

B said...

this is super sweet of you! THANK YOU SO MUCH!