Sunday, July 20, 2008

A man named 'what?'

The BFF and I headed to Cedar Point yesterday for an amazing 13 hours of fun-filled roller coaster riding. One of the big benefits of going to Cedar Point every year (aside from the obvious thrills) is the people watching. When I retire I'm going to be one of those old people at the mall who sit and stare at the crazy shoppers. I love people watching. And Cedar Point seems to attract some of the most interesting people if the Midwest on lovely summer Saturdays.

While in line for the first ride of the day we noticed an early 20-something with two very interesting tattoos on his triceps: a question mark on the left and an exclamation point on the right. We pointed it out to one another, exchanged looks indicating our confusion, and hopped on the ride as if that'd be the last time we'd think about Mr. Punctuation.

Alas, after our first thrilling coaster and heading to the next we see him walking in front of us. My guess that he was heading to the same ride we were next was right on target. This was the longest wait of the day so we had plenty of time to discuss his ink and speculate as to why he would have such interesting tattoos.

1. He loved Schoolhouse Rock as a kid
2. The confusion of others (?) excites him (!)
3. He had to complete the set - otherwise the comma on his left butt cheek wouldn't make sense

After a while we got bored and moved on to judging others, but it was fun while it lasted. But tell me, if you were the one with the tricep punctuation tattoos, what would be your reason?

Cheers!

-A

p.s. Happy Birthday, Dad. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd be a rebel and put parentheses on my triceps... this may not seem too rebellious at first, however, my plan is to put the left parentheses on the right tricep and the right parentheses on the left tricep! ha!

had an awesome time, let me know what weekends work for hiking and i'll do the rest.

"i'm done" ;)

)(

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's awesome! I bet he does have some other hidden tattoos that make his punctuation make sense...
This year I was at Cedar Point for Gay Pride Day and it was the best people-watching ever. Mostly because I loved the different ways people affixed rainbows to themselves. My favorite was a boy who had a rainbow colored mohawk.

Britni said...

Really no reason at all... but I love Cedar Point. It really is the best park ever!

Narm said...

Maybe they were both exclamation points but then he started working out REALLY hard and got a huge muscle on one arm so it just LOOKS like a question mark. At least thats why it looks like I have a fat chick tattooed on my arm.

CC said...

haha..i guess you're right about the frat boy syndrome. sigh. i guess i can deal with that as long as i'm not around. if i'm ever lucky enough to find a decent guy who also has a single brother, i'll let ya know! :)

Ashley said...

ajt- I too had an awesome time! People watching is always more entertaining when we're together.

1scrambledegg - I've heard Gay Pride Day at CP is fun. I've also heard that the lines are pretty short. Was that true this year?

playful - It is the best park ever!

narm - haha. I'm not even sure what to say.

cc - keep me posted!