Monday, June 2, 2008

Synapse traffic jam

Lately I've been feeling as if the thoughts in my brain are caught up traffic-jam style - where no matter how hard you crank your head out the window to see what the hold-up is, you can't manage to see that far ahead.

This has led to deep reflection in my oh so introspective fashion. Unfortunately though, my thoughts and emotions are so backed-up that it's difficult to put any ideas into words. So much so that I've not only become a challenged writer, but a bad friend. For someone who typically makes a weekly call to closest friends, I've really been slacking. Here's a snapshot at some of the thoughts I've captured...

Ideals, traveling, photography opportunities, the non-negotiables, constant negative discussions, office politics, "the non-traditional family," career advancement, location, finances, summer visits, writing, past relationships, future relationships, needs vs. wants, phases of life, routine, values, voluntary changes, stress, goals, organizing, time alone.

The above is just a short list of where my head is at the moment. Yikes! It's a scary list but I'm ready to take these thoughts head on.

My apologies, dear readers, for this (hopefully short) layover in intelligent postings. As the traffic clears I will post on the lessons learned and folks encountered along the way. Until then.

Cheers!

-A

No comments: