Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The nicest man in digital

One of my more time consuming projects lately has been developing and executing a social media campaign for one of our larger clients, and one of the most enjoyable. In the short amount of time I've worked with this talented, high-energy team, there is so much I have learned while having more fun than I ever thought I could at the office. The project allows me to really grow my creative and digital skills, and as we all know, it's my goal to head down the path toward becoming the next Digital Diva.

But it's not just about the assignment itself that makes this project so enjoyable, it's about the team of people I am blessed to work with. It was apparent from day 1 (exactly one year ago today that I started my position in this office) that our team is not only talented but fun to work with and always willing to step in when needed. And yesterday, I met a new member of the global team who proved just that.

I was tasked with finding out intricate details about our client's web development environment and decided to reach out to one of my colleagues in another office who had previously worked with this client. The conversation proved beyond successful. Not only did he provide me with the necessary information, he provided guidance on execution and offered to help facilitate any follow up meetings with partners and vendors that may be necessary to get this project off the ground. And this is a client he doesn't even work for!

During our chat he asked me how the project was going and offered to provide any guidance or assistance I may need along the way, given that I'm fairly inexperienced with the technological and development side of social media. (My forte is definitely in strategy and account management, though again, this is not about me).

Needless to say, this man went out of his way to make sure that I had all the information I needed, and then some. This area of business tends to be frantic at times. The team is called on for most client work, given the increasing impact of social media in the public relations world. But even in his hurried state, my colleague took the time to ensure that we were set to execute and deliver top-quality products to our cherrished client. I can't begin to express my gratitude enough, but you best believe I'll be calling on him again in times of urgent client need or just to discuss the latest digital project. I am truly grateful to be working with such as supportive, cohesive team. Thanks, to all y'all across the global network that make this such an amazing, talented, and generous account team.

Cheers!

-A

No comments: