Friday, March 21, 2008

Goodbyes are never easy

A few months back I discovered that one of the local radio stations does in fact broadcast Bob & Tom in the morning. This comedic morning program goes back to my college, and even high school roots - they got me through those long, snowy commutes to school. I never managed to locate the show during my time in Texas, so you can imagine my delight upon this discovery. Though my morning commute is short and sweet, Bob & Tom add a little more flavor to my mornings by waking up my brain and giving me a giggle.

But unfortunately, it's time to say goodbye to my old friends, as MMS has decided to bring back a former radio personality that tried to make it regionally and apparently fell pretty flat on his face (of course, this is all hear-say, so I could be completely full of it). So good ole Bob & Tom are going to be broadcast at noon, in all their prerecorded glory; though not that it helps me much in the mornings.

The dilemma ensues; do I seek out a new morning show for mental and comical stimulation, give this new guy a shot, or pop in an indie rock CD and forget about the local radio scene altogether? I don't do well with change, and I certainly don't do well with 6:30 a.m. decision-making.

No comments: