Thursday, March 13, 2008

The 4x4 meme

I lied, the previous post was in fact not the last post before my much anticipated trip south. But after reading this post by one of my favorite bloggers I couldn't help but participate. What can I say, I'm a sucker for questionairres. Besides, other than the people I've met this year, y'all don't really know that much about me. So here's a quick glimpse into the mysterious life of this blogger - and I promise, when I return, it's back to the encounters.

4 jobs I've had:
1. Taught flute lessons to elementary and middle school band students (that's right, I was a band geek and proud of it!)
2. Spent three of my four college years working for State government
3. Worked with the CCHA (Central Collegiate Hockey Association for those who aren't college hockey fans) during turnament time at Joe Louis Arena, working stats and press - it was fantastic
4. Took an internship with a global public relations agency in Texas and fell in love - with the state and with the profession

4 places I've been:
1. Bahamas - specifically Blue Lagoon Island where the exotic fish swim right up to you, the water is this crystal clear blue, and the scenery is so picturesque you never want to leave the island
2. Ciudad Acuna, Mexico - friends of mine in the Air Force took me across the border on a visit. Great margaritas and $1 Coronas, but I wouldn't be sad if I never went back.
3. Hawaii - on a band trip my junior year of high school (band geek, remember).
4. San Antonio, Texas - visited numerous times before I moved there. It's the place where I feel the most free.

4 bands or artists I am listening to:
*Blogger's note: I'm extremely happy to see this question on here. Growing up I was always on the forefront of the alt rock/punk music scene and I've begun to find those roots again.

1. Silversun Pickups - a great indie rock band. Brian Aubert has this amazingly unique voice. Check out the acoustic version of Well Thought Out Twinkles, you won't be disappointed.
2. Angels & Airwaves - fronted by former Blink 182 and Box Car Racer guitarist and vocalist Tom DeLonge. The group has a sound that makes you want to put their songs on repeat (and I've done just that).
3. Live - Throwing Copper is always in my CD player, and you can't beat their acoustic stuff.
4. Saves the Day - these guys go back to my punk kid days, but their new stuff is just as good - if not better.

4 of my favorite foods:
1. Sushi - Love it all, and I'm always on the hunt for the next best sushi restaurant.
2. Italian - no Atkins diet for this one, I love my pasta
3. Taco salads - must be in a shell with sour cream and jalepenos. The combination of spice and crunch is amazing
4. Dessert - I don't think I've found any dessert I don't like.

Thanks, Matt, for sharing. And to my readers, I'd love to hear more about you. Please comment and/or share on your blog. Isn't learning about one another fun?

Cheers!

-A

No comments: